Friday, March 18, 2011

Distribution

When distributing a product sometimes it's best to widely disperse your product and other times it's better to select where it's going. This upholds product value and remain a little more exclusive. Sure "stocking the product in as many outlets as possible" (Marketing: An Introduction, Armstrong & Kotler pg. 324) will give you the most widely known product but to simply become a "Wal-Mart brand" for example and sit on one of there shelf’s at one of there many stores isn't going to cut for my product though. With the product going to less places more focus can be put on the distribution channels there are. “Companies often pay too little attention to their distribution channels, sometimes with damaging results” (Marketing: An Introduction, Armstrong & Kotler pg. 321). This won’t happen with my plan. I will keep the companies close that I plan to distribute to. That way relationships will be easy to follow. Then with keeping my product to only certain types of stores the consumer won’t have a product with spending money on my product and not worry about seeing it at a place like Wal-Mart for a cheaper price.

No comments:

Post a Comment