Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Target Market Strategy

The target market for my product would be of course men so logically it would be a good idea to put it where men shop. The problem with doing that not all men do the shopping. So now it would have to be a place where both men and women can be found shopping, because a woman might want to pick it up for her boyfriend of husband. “The marketing manager’s aim is to find, attract, keep, and grow target customers by creating, delivering, and communicating superior customer value” (Marketing An Introduction, Armstrong & Kotler, pg. 9) This fits because it could also appeal to women who want to buy something for a man in their life. If I had it my way it would be in all stores that fit that criteria, but since I can't a good place to have Kitchen Tools would be a place like Sears. Seems like it would fit in with what the store already sells, and it's not a cheap store nor is it expensive so my product would fit right in. Since there is an “art and science of choosing target markets and building profitable relationships with them” (Marketing An Introduction, Armstrong and Kotler, pg. 9) I will have to pick my main market wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment