Friday, March 18, 2011

Promotion

Simply put a promotion is the "activities that communicate the merits of the product and persuade target customers to buy it" (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong & Kotler, pg. 54). The best way to promote a product like kitchen utensils would usually not be in a magazine but putting my ad in a men’s magazine it would generate the right type of attention needed for Kitchen Tools. However there is a lack of sex appeal for my ad. Sure I could have gotten a woman for my ad but that wouldn't be the right way to go for this. My product focuses on men and them cooking not what a woman can do with a new set of utensils. Plus a good looking female is just a distraction from what you're trying to sell, and I don't want that. Well come to think of it any female would be a distraction. In my promotional ad you don't actually see my product that I will be selling. There's two reasons for that. There is no such product that exists that I am aware of expect for my photo shopped image further down. The other reason it also invokes them to seek out more information on this new product called Kitchen Tools. Granted a lot of Americans are lazy I'm not sure how far they would actually go for their information so I might be hurting myself on that one. Overall I feel the ad portrays my product well. You have a man (me) standing in the kitchen in front of the stove while holding a utensil. Meanwhile there’s all his tools on the floor. Both sets. One automotive and the other kitchen. Their getting combined together in the tool box. You could say their mixing it up, which is the actually what it is “marketing mix consists of everything the firm can do to influence the demand for its product” (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong & Kotler, pg. 53). Which is what my product is all about combining the best of both of worlds into one and giving the market what it wants. The saying "Now men can make a proper mess in the kitchen too" is referring to the cooking that will get done. However since it's proper it wont be bad. There’s a little humor to it which is good element to add to almost anything. Sex may be the big seller but humor isn't too far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment